- 2 heads romaine lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 large carrot, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1/2 english cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup canned mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 avocado, diced
- ginger-sesame dressing
- 3 cooked chicken breasts (about 1 lb), sliced
- 1/4 cup roasted, salted cashew pieces
- cilantro for garnish
- 6oz flavorless oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons natural cane sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- In a blender, combine all the dressing ingredients.
- Blend on low for 30 seconds or so until dressing comes together and is smooth.
- Transfer to a jar with tight fitting lid and store in fridge for up to two weeks.
To assemble the salad:
- Place the lettuce, bell pepper, carrot, cucumber, scallions, and orange segments into a large bowl. Drizzle with desired amount of dressing and toss well to coat all the ingredients evenly.
- Arrange dressed salad in bowls or plates.
- Top each salad with sliced chicken, avocado slices, cashew pieces and a few sprigs of cilantro.