These cookie sticks have been modified for my high altitude kitchen which sits just below 7000 feet. If you’re making them at sea level, increase sugar to 1 1/2 cups and decrease vanilla extract to 2 teaspoons.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt for sprinkling, optional
- Preheat the oven to 375F degrees. Line a 9×13-inch glass baking pan with tinfoil and set aside.
- In medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy about 1-2 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla and beat 30 second scraping down the sides as needed. Stir in flour and mix just until combined. Fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Press dough into foil lined baking pan. Sprinkle with sea salt if using.
- Bake 22-25 minutes until cookies are light brown and center is set. Remove from oven and cool on baking rack for at least an hour or until completely cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325F degrees. Using the foil, lift cookies out of pan and transfer to a cutting board. Cut in half lengthwise and then cut crosswise into 1/2-inch sticks.
- Place cookies cut side down on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake cook sticks about 15 minutes or until edges are dry. Remove from oven, and let cool on wire racks.