A baked oatmeal recipe that is delicious right out of the oven or you can make ahead and enjoy all week!
- 2 cups rolled oats (use gluten free if necessary)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups almond milk (or your favorite milk beverage)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Butter a 6-qt or similar size baking dish. A glass 9×9 dish would work well too.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and brown sugar.
- In another bowl, combine milk, eggs, vanilla and melted coconut oil. Use a whisk to incorporate eggs and mix well. Pour the wet mixture over the oat mixture and stir in raisins and pecans.
- Pour the oatmeal into prepared dish. Sprinkle the top with a pinch of extra sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes until oatmeal is set in the middle and the top is just starting to brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Serve oatmeal with a scoop of Greek yogurt or drizzle of cream and a few fresh berries. This is best served warm. Store leftovers in the fridge and rewarm in the microwave before eating.