A mostly savory, slightly sweet Coconut Rice recipe that will soon be a favorite!
- 3 cups basmati rice (the cup measurement being the cup that comes with the rice cooker which is actually more like 3/4 cup)
- 1 14-oz can full fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 cups mixed veggies
- favorite teriyaki sauce
- Rince the rice in the steamer basket. Put rice in the base of the Hamilton Beach Rice and Hot Cereal Cooker along with the coconut milk and enough water to reach the 3 cup line. Add the salt and sugar and stir to combine.
- Cook rice for about 10-15 minutes before add the steamer basket full of veggies to the top.
- When rice and veggies are done (the awesome sensor will tell you!), place a scoop of coconut rice and veggies in a bowl and drizzle with teriyaki sauce.
This makes more rice than veggies but don’t worry. The rice keeps beautifully in the fridge for 2-3 days and makes awesome leftovers!