For the Muffins:
- 1/2 cup flavorless oil (I like avocado or grapeseed)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup whole fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
For the Crumble Topping:
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with 11 liners; set aside.
- First, make the streusel: in a small bowl, stir together all the ingredients with a fork until small clumps form; set aside.
- Next, make the muffins: in a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the oil, sugar, and salt. Use a whisk to combine ingredients thoroughly. Add eggs, Greek yogurt, and vanilla extract. Stir to combine. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir just until combined- don’t over mix. Finally, stir in the coarsely chopped cranberries.
- Divide batter evenly between 11 lined muffin cups. Top each with a generous pinch of the crumble topping.
- Bake muffins for about 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove muffins from oven and let cool in the pan for a few minutes before removing from pan to cool completely. Serve warm or at room temperature.