A decadent pancake recipe made with creme fraiche. Add whatever fresh fruit is in season!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 cup Vermont Creamery Creme Fraiche
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together creme fraiche, milk, egg, and melted butter. Pour creme fraiche mixture into dry ingredients and mix just until combined. A few lumps are ok!
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Melt a bit of butter or spray pan with cooking spray. Working in batches, pour about 3 tablespoons or so of batter per pancake into skillet and cook until bubbles appear on surface and undersides are golden brown, about 3 minutes. Flip pancakes and cook about 1 minute more. Repeat until all pancakes are done.
- Serve with butter (duh!), warm maple syrup, a dollop of Vermont Creamery vanilla crème fraîche and whatever fruit is in season!
The recipe calls for 1 teaspoon baking soda but I would recommend using a scant teaspoon for altitudes higher than 5000.