For the cilantro sauce:
- 1 bunch of cilantro, stems removed
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Juice of one lime
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan Cheese
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- pinch kosher salt and ground black pepper
For the eggplant tacos:
- 3 small Japanese eggplant
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 small roma tomatoes, diced
To make the cilantro sauce, combine the garlic and cilantro and pulse. Add mustard, lime juice, honey and parmesan cheese. Pulse to form a smooth paste. Slowly add olive oil and and blitz until sauce is emulsified. Add salt and pepper to taste. Can be be made ahead.
To make tacos: Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Slice eggplant into 1/4-inch sticks. Place the eggs in a small bowl and beat until smooth. Place flour in another small bowl. In another bowl, combine bread crumbs, cumin, chili powder and salt.
- Dredge the eggplant in the flour, shaking off excess and then dip into egg followed by the panko mixture.
- Place the breaded eggplant on a baking sheet and bake 15-20 minutes until breading is crispy and eggplant is tender.
- Divide the eggplant between 8 tortillas, drizzle with cilantro sauce and top with diced avocado and tomato.