A delicious and easy recipe for crispy vegetarian tacos!
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 small zucchini, cut into sticks
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and cut up
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup your favorite refried beans (I use Simply Truth here)
- hard corn taco shells
- cilantro, lime, cotija cheese, hot sauce
- Preheat Traeger grill (or oven) to high (or 400F degrees).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment. Toss the veggies with olive oil, salt, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, and cumin. Toss to coat and spread evenly out on parchment lined baking sheet. Roast veggies for 20 minutes or until just starting to caramelize. Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, spoon 1-2 tablespoons of beans into the corn taco shells. When veggies are done evenly divide them amongst the taco shells. Line the taco shells in a baking tray so they stand upright. Sprinkle with cheese. Return tacos back to oven and cook 5 minutes just until taco shells are golden and toasty the cheese is starting to melt. Serve immediately.
- This makes 6-8 tacos. Store any leftover beans for another use.
You could use whatever veggies you like- however this is my favorite combo. If you don’t have (or like) cotija, use shredded jack or cheddar! Add guacamole or sour cream if you like!