A savory chicken salad on croissants.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups cooked chicken, chopped into pieces
- 3 large pickles cut into 1/4-inch pieces, about 1 cup
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced, about 1/4 cup
- 5–6 croissants
- In a medium size mixing bowl, stir together mayonnaise, pickle juice, pepper, salt, dill, and garlic. Add the chicken pickles, and green onions. Stir well until everything is combined.
- Split the croissants in half. Layer arugula on one half of the croissant and scoop the chicken salad over the arugula. Top with second half of croissant. Serve immediately.
This recipe is from The Weekday Lunches & Breakfasts Cookbook by Mary Younkin.