A 30-minute, one skillet dinner. The Caprese Chicken is a family favorite!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 chicken cutlets
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- pinch kosher salt and black ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 thin slices mozzarella cheese
- handful of fresh basil leaves
- good balsamic vinegar (or balsamic reduction) for glazing
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season chicken cutlets- on both sides- with Italian seasoning, paprika, and a pinch of kosher salt and black pepper. Cook chicken 2-3 minutes on each side just until chicken is about 90% cooked through. Remove chicken from skillet and place on a plate.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil to the pan, reduce heat to medium, and add the cherry tomatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes start to glisten and look like they’re just about to burst- about 4-5 minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Season tomatoes with a pinch of kosher salt.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and top each of the chicken cutlets with a slice of mozzarella cheese. Cover and cook 2 minutes until cheese is melted and chicken if cooked all the way through. Serve each chicken cutlet with a scoop of the burst cherry tomatoes, a few ripped basil leaves, and a drizzle of reduced balsamic glaze.