A flourless chocolate chip cookie made with almond butter and chocolate chips!
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- scant 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Line a large baking sheet(s) with parchment paper or nonstick baking mat.
- In a medium bowl combine almond butter, brown sugar, egg, salt, baking soda, and vanilla. Mix until thoroughly combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Form dough into 1.5-inch size balls. I like to chill the cookie dough balls for an hour so before baking but know it’s not necessary. I’ve made them plenty baking straight away. I just think the cookies hold their shape better if they’ve been chilled before baking. If the cookie dough balls are too oily from the almond butter, use a paper towel to absorb excess oil before baking.
- Place cookies 2 inches apart on the lined baking sheet. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes. Remove the cookies when they still look a little soft- they’ll firm up as they cool.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container and store at room temperature for up to 7 days.