- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 4 large handfuls fresh arugula
- 10 oz button or cremini mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- crumbled goat cheese
- fresh lemon juice
- Split the fresh arugula and cooked wild rice between two bowls; set aside.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high head. Add olive oil and butter and let pan get pretty hot- about 1 minute. Add mushrooms (leave whole if small and half or quarter if really big) and let mushrooms brown, only stirring occasionally, until nice and golden. This should take about 10 minutes. Adjust the heat accordingly so they don’t burn. Add garlic and cook just about 1 minute. Season mushrooms liberally withs salt and pepper.
- Divide the mushrooms between the two salads, pouring any extra brown bits and grease over the greens. Sprinkle salads with crumbled goat cheese and fresh squeezed lemon juice.