A ginger-molasses cookie bar that is simple, classic, and delicious!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 cup unflavored oil (I use avocado but vegetable, canola or grapeseed also work)
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon coarse decorating sugar, for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Line a 9×13 glass baking dish with parchment paper.
- In medium bowl, sift together flour, cloves, ginger, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large bowl add the oil and sugar; whisk to combine. Whisk in egg and molasses, taking are not to over mix. Stir in the flour mixture just until flour is combined.
- Spread the cookie dough evenly into the prepared baking pan. Use your hands to push the dough into the corners and evenly press the dough into the pan. Sprinkle evenly with coarse sugar.
- Bake 22-25 minutes just until the cookie bars are cooked through. The edges will be golden and crispy and the center will be just sent. Take care not to over bake. Remove the bars from oven and let cool completely on a cooling rack. The bars will continue to cook in the pan while they cool. Cut into 24 slices.