- 1 ripe banana
- 5 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup gluten free oats
- 3 tablespoons banana flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Place banana and pitted dates in the base of a food processor. Pulse until dates are broken up and smooth with the banana. Add almond butter, honey, coconut oil, egg, and vanilla extract. Blend until thorougly combined.
- Add oats, banana flour, salt, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder. Pulse just until incorporated. Add hemp seeds, pecans and cranberries. Pulse until cranberries are slightly broken up and you have a cohesive batter.
- Spoon batter onto a prepared baking sheet (I use a baking mat) with a large tablespoon or small cookie scoop (my choice), leaving 1/2-inch space between cookies.
- Bake in preheated oven for 13-15 minutes until lightly brown on the bottom and puffy and golden on top. Let cool completely before storing in airtight container or freezing.