My favorite Greek Chicken Marinade Recipe. It’s perfect on the grill or cooked on the stop top!
- 6 chicken breasts (about 2 lb.)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Place the chicken breasts in a ziplock bag or a bowl with lid and set aside.
- Add the dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, minced garlic, salt, onion powder, and black pepper to a deep bowl. Stir in the olive oil. Pour 3/4 of the marinade onto chicken breasts and reserve the rest of the marinade for basting. Marinate the chicken for at least 2 hours and up to 6 in the refrigerator.
- When ready to grill, lightly brushing the grates with olive oil and set grill to medium high heat.
- Grill the chicken, basting with the reserved marinade and turning often so each side browns and chicken is cooked through, about 15-20 minutes or until the chicken juices run clear. Chicken can be served warm or at room temperature.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.