The best of two worlds- classic Greek salad meets summertime pasta salad: a match made in heaven!
For the vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 large or 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
For the pasta salad:
- 1 lb. penne pasta
- 1 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups chopped English cucumber
- 1 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/2 cup halved kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup minced, fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced, fresh dill
- 1/2 cup (or more) crumbled feta cheese
- Make the vinaigrette. Combine all ingredients except olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix to throughly combine. Whisk in olive oil and season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Cook pasta al dente according to manufacturers directions. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Add tomatoes, cucumber, bell peppers, olives, and red onion. Start with 3/4 or so of the dressing and add more as desired. Salad can be made ahead and stored in the fridge at this point. Just before serving, stir in chopped parsley and dill. Sprinkle with feta cheese and serve.