A vegetarian tortellini salad with broccoli, zucchini and avocado.
- 1/2 lb three cheese tortellini
- 2 heaping cups broccoli florets (about 1/2 head)
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 large garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 avocado, diced
- toasted almonds optional
- Bring a large stock pot of water and a hefty pinch of salt to a boil. Add the tortellini and cook according to package instructions. About 1 minute before pasta is finished cooking, add the broccoli to the pot. Cook for the final 30 seconds, drain, and then run under cold water just long enough to stop the cooking. Add the drained tortellini and broccoli to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, cut the zucchini in half length wise and then cut it again into thin, crescent shape slices. Add the zucchini to the broccoli and tortellini.
- In a mason jar or other container with tight fitting lid, add white balsamic, lemon juice and minced garlic. Slowly add the avocado oil and then salt and pepper. Place lid on and secure tightly. Shake vigorously to mix the dressing.
- Pour dressing over tortellini mixture and toss to combine. Place in fridge for 2-3 hours so flavors can meld. Just before serving, add diced avocado and toasted almonds if desired.