A simple grilled romaine salad with Green Goddess dressing.
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 bunch of scallions, white and light green only
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup avocado or olive oil
- 3–4 tablespoons water
- salt and pepper
- 3 heads romaine, washed and cut in half lengthwise
- 1–2 tablespoons avocado or olive oil
- 20–25 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- shredded Parmesan cheese (as much as you’d like!)
- Make the green goddess dressing. Place parsley, cilantro, avocado, Greek yogurt, garlic, scallions and lemon juice in a food processor. Blend until smooth. Drizzle in olive oil and pulse to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add a tablespoon of water a time to thin to your desired consistency. Dressing can be made a few days ahead! Store in fridge until ready to use.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Drizzle cut sides of romaine with 1/2 of the olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Do the same to the uncut sides. Grill romaine for 2-3 minutes per side just until the leaves are just charred and starting to soften. Remove from grill.
- To serve, place one or both halves of romaine on a plate. Sprinkle with sliced tomatoes, and a healthy sprinkle of Parmesan. Drizzle with Green Goddess dressing.