- 3–4 summer squash- any variety will work
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, pepper and garlic powder
- lemon zest
- feta cheese
- pine nuts
- fresh herbs- dill and chives are my favorite
- Wash, trim and quarter squash length wise.
- Put summer squash in a large ziplock bag and drizzle with olive oil. Season squash liberally with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Let sit for 15-30 minutes while you prepare a hot grill.
- Grill squash over medium-high heat, turning frequently, until squash is just tender and has those gorgeous grill marks.
- Remove from grill and, to taste, top squash with the lemon zest, crumbled feta, toasted pine nuts and whatever fresh herbs you have on hand- chives and dill are my favorite.