Hash browns cooked in the waffle iron. These are crispy, cheesy perfection!
- 20 oz refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced deli ham
- cooking spray
- 6–8 eggs
- Preheat waffle iron to medium-high.
- To a large bowl, add the shredded potatoes, melted butter, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, cheddar cheese, and diced ham; combine all ingredients.
- Evenly spray the grates of the waffle iron with non stick cooking spray.
- Add enough potato mixture to iron, evenly mounded in the center. I used about 1/4-1/3 cup in each waffle cavity.
- Close iron completely and cook for about 1o minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Cooking time will vary based on how hot your waffle iron gets.
- Keep cooked waffles in a 250F oven to keep warm while other waffles cook.
- While waffles cook, preheat a skillet oven medium heat. Coat with butter or cooking spray and fry eggs to desired doneness. Top each waffle with a fried egg and a sprinkle of chives if desired.