This is my go to banana bread and it’s been adjusted for high altitude. If you need to make adjustments, increase sugar by 2 tablespoons and baking soda to 1 teaspoon.
This bread is best eaten from the oven slathered in cold butter!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3–4 very ripe bananas, peeled & mashed
- 3 tablespoons whole fat greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup toasted walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Butter a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together both flours, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, eggs, and oil until light and fluffy. Stir in mashed bananas, vanilla and greek yogurt.
- Fold in dry ingredients and nuts if using.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake about 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of bread comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, let bread cool and then dive in!!