Chocolate crinkle cookies made with coconut oil and whole grain flour.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole wheat white flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, melt coconut oil and unsweetened chocolate over medium heat until melted. Transfer melted chocolate to a heat proof bowl and stir in sugar. Beat in one egg at a time until well mixed. Add vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture until well combined.
- Chill dough for several hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, heat oven to 350F degrees.
- Put powdered sugar into a small bowl.
- Make heaping tablespoons of cookie dough into a smooth ball and roll into powdered sugar taking care to coat the entire cookie ball.
- Place about 2 inches apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment or a silicone baking mat. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until soft in the middle but set. Take care not to over bake.