Chewy interior and a crispy exterior, these peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies are one of my favorites!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups dark chocolate chunks
- 1/3 cup coarse sugar for rolling cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add vanilla and mix. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add flour mixture and mix just until combined. Stir in chocolate chunks.
Use a heaping tablespoon and scoop the cookie dough into a small bowl. Gently roll between your hands to form a ball.
- Put the coarse sugar in a shallow bowl or plate. Roll the cookie balls in the sugar and place on a lined baking sheet. Gently press the cookies down with the bottom of a cup.
- Bake cookies at 375 F degrees for 9-10 minutes just until cookies are set. Remove from oven and let the cookies cool on the rack for 5 minutes and then transfer cookies to a cooling rack to finish cooling fully.