A high altitude recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup butter, room temp
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Line two large baking sheets with a nonstick baking mat or parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Use a stand mixer or hand held mixer and cream the butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy. Add egg + egg yolk, vanilla, and pumpkin and mix until thoroughly combined. Add the dry ingredients and mix just until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by large, rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are just beginning to brown around the edges. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.