An easy and reliable recipe for high altitude pumpkin muffins!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup flavorless oil- I like avocado or vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1– 15 oz can pumpkin puree- not pumpkin pie mix
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Line 24 standard muffin cups cupcake wrappers. Alternately you could spray the cups with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, granulated sugar and oil. Add the eggs and whisk until eggs are fully incorporated. Add the pumpkin puree and orange juice and stir until smooth. Gently stir in the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Divide the batter evenly into the prepared muffin cups. Bake in the preheated oven until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 18-20 minutes.
- Remove muffins from oven and let cool on baking rack.