A hearty pasta salad with chopped kale and a Caesar like dressing.
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 heaping tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the pasta salad:
- 1 lb bow tie pasta
- 1 large head of kale, tough stem removed and coarsely chopped (about 6 cups)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup crouton “crumbs” (store bought croutons that have been lightly pounded into coarse crumbs)
- Boil pasta according to directions on package.
- Make the dressing by putting all the ingredients into the base of a blender or small food processor. Pulse until dressing is combined and throughly mixed.
- Drain pasta and rinse under cold water. Add pasta to a large bowl. Add chopped kale, halved cherry tomatoes, and shredded parmesan cheese; toss to combine.
- Just before serving sprinkle crouton crumbs over the pasta salad.