With may kale salads on my site, this is one of my favorites. Perfect as a side dish to roast chicken or perfect for a light lunch or dinner.
- 8 cups finely diced kale
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1–2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- pinch salt
- 1–1/2 cups cooked & cooled quinoa
- 3 tablespoons chopped macadamia nuts
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- Place chopped kale in a large bowl. Add lemon juice, rice vinegar, olive oil and salt. Massage into the kale and let sit (about 5 minutes) while you gather the other ingredients.
- To the kale, add the cooked and cooled quinoa, chopped macadamia nuts, and dried cranberries. Toss to combine ingredients. Divide salad between two or three plates and top with diced avocado.