for the vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 teaspoon black ground pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
for the salad:
- 1 large (or 2 small) heads of kale, ribs removed and coarsely chopped
- 5 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 medium apples, cored and chopped
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1/4– 1/2 cup pecans
- 4– quart sized mason jars
- Make the vinaigrette: combine all the ingredients except for the olive oil; mix to combine. Whisk in the olive oil until dressing is emulsified.
- Divide the dressing evenly between the 4 jars. You should have about 3-4 tablespoons of dressing per jar.
- Next, add the the rest of the salad ingredients in this order: divide the celery evenly between the jars, followed by the chopped apples. Add 1/2 cup of cooked quinoa to each jar. Add 2 tablespoons of the cheese next. Then divide the kale evenly among the jars. Lastly, sprinkle a few pecans on top of each jar.
- Use a tight fitting lid and seal the jars. Store jars in fridge for up to 1 week. When ready to serve, give the jar a small shake and then empty contents into a large bowl. Toss to evenly combine vinaigrette with salad. Enjoy!!