An easy hummus recipe that can be made in the food processor. Most of the ingredients you’ll find you already have in your pantry. Use this spread as a base for a vegetarian sandwich or as a dip with fresh cut vegetables.
- 2– 14 oz cans garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- zest and juice of two lemons
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 heaping tablespoon tahini
- 2–3 tablespoons water to thin
- Combine all ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve with fresh cut vegetables, pita chips or use as a spread on a vegetarian sandwich.
- Store, covered, in fridge for up to a week.