A one-pot vegetarian bruschetta pasta that comes together in 20 minutes!
- 2 squares Land O’lakes Garlic & Herb Saute Express
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 12 oz whole wheat fusilli pasta
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 cups warm water
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 14.5 oz container fresh bruschetta sauce from Trader Joes (or similar product)
- salt and pepper
- basil or parsley (optional)
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a medium stock pot, melt Saute Express cubes over medium heat. Add onion and cook 5 minutes until nice and soft.
- Add whole wheat pasta, wine, water, lemon juice and zest and bruschetta sauce. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low, cover and keep at a low simmer. Stir pasta every few minutes and cook until most of liquid is evaporated and pasta is cooked to desired bite about 15 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and add chopped fresh basil or parsley if adding. Serve in large bowls and garnish with parmesan cheese if desired.