- 1 pint red cherry tomatoes
- 1 pint yellow cherry tomatoes
- olive oil
- pepper (optional)
- Heat oven to 250F degrees.
- Line a large rimmed baking dish with foil.
- Slice tomatoes in half and place them cut side up on the baking dish.
- Drizzle with enough oil just to coat all the tomatoes. (about 2 tablespoons)
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired. Use a light hand as they flavors concentrate immensely as the tomatoes cook.
- Roast tomatoes in the oven for just about three hours. You want the tomatoes to be shriveled and dry, but with a little juice left inside. Keep an eye on them. Every oven is different. It could take two hours or the full three.
- Use them right away or let them cool and store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.