A medley of root vegetables roasted to bring out the natural sweetness and glory. A little olive oil, salt and pepper is all you need here. Try these atop a bed of greens for a hearty winter salad.
- 8 cups diced winter vegetables of your choice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2–3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1–2 cloves garlic, chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425F degrees.
- Cut the vegetables 1 to 1 1/4-inch cubes. All the vegetables will shrink while baking, so don’t cut them too small.
- Place vegetables in a single layer on 2 baking sheets. Drizzle them with olive oil, salt, and pepper and chopped garlic; toss well.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, until all the vegetables are tender, turning once.
- Remove from oven and serve either warm or at room temperature.