A gluten-free crisp using fresh frozen peaches and plums. It’s the best!
For the filling:
- 1 lb frozen peaches
- 1 lb frozen plums
- 2/3 cup sugar
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the topping:
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup almond meal or almond flour
- 1/3 cups coarsely chopped slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a 9 by 9-inch baking dish, mix together the peaches, plums, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl mix together oats, almond meal, chopped almonds, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon and melted butter. Stir until crumble is moistened throughout.
- Spread crisp topping over peach/plum mixture. Bake for 50 minutes uncovered until filling is bubbling around edges and the top is slightly golden.
- Remove from oven, cool and dig in!