This honey-pecan butter is delicious spread on toast, melted on popcorn or smeared on pancakes for breakfast.
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) salted butter, room temperature (you can use unsalted too)
- 1 tablespoon local honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Heat a small sauté pan over medium heat. Toast pecans for 4-5 minutes just until they start to smell toasty and nutty, taking care not to burn. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In the base of a small food processor, place the stick of butter, honey and cinnamon, pulsing until the butter is smooth and honey and cinnamon are mixed in. You might need to scrape down the sides of the food processor with a spatula.
- Add the cooled pecans and pulse just to combine.
- Transfer butter to a bowl with a tight fitting lid. Store in fridge for up to a week.
This butter will keep in the fridge for up to a week though I don’t imagine it will last that long.