For the Pot Roast:
- 2 1/2 lb organic chuck roast
- garlic powder, onion powder, kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 envelope dried onion soup mix (I use Simply Organic)
- 1 tablespoon tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
For the Taco Shells:
- corn tortillas
- vegetable oil
For the Horseradish Sauce:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2–3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
To make the Pot Roast:
- In a large saute pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Liberally season chuck roast, on both sides, with garlic powder, onion powder, kosher salt and black pepper. Sear each side of the roast until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes each side.
- Meanwhile, in the base of a slow cooker, mix chicken stock, tamari (or soy sauce), onion soup mix, sliced onion and crushed garlic. Transfer roast to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.
- When roast is finished, shred meat, discard fat and put meat back into slow cooker to keep warm with onions and juices.
To make Corn Tortillas:
- In a 10-inch pan, fill with enough vegetable oil to come up 1-inch on the sides of the pan. Heat over medium-high heat until oil is hot. Fry tortillas one at a time until golden brown. Transfer to a dish lined with paper towels to drain.
To make Horseradish Sauce:
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, horseradish sauce and salt. Mix to combine.
To serve tacos:
- Fill each shell with shredded pot roast and caramelized onions. Top with horseradish sauce and sprinkle with chives if desired.