For the eggs benedict:
- 10 pieces asparagus, trimmed and washed
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 2 slices hearty, seedy bread
- 4 eggs
For the hollandaise:
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cups butter, melted and hot
- 1–2 tablespoons water to thin out if needed
- Wrap 2 slices of prosciutto around 5 slices of asparagus to make two bundles.
- Place the asparagus on a baking sheet and place in a toaster oven or preheated oven to 400F degrees and bake for 10-12 minutes until prosciutto is crispy and asparagus is tender.
- Meanwhile, make the hollandaise by pulsing the egg yolks, lemon juice, cayenne and salt in a food processor for 20-30 seconds. Slowly drizzle in the butter while processing until all the butter is incorporated and the hollandaise is nice and thick and creamy. Keep warm until ready to serve. Using a tablespoon or two of warm water to thin if necessary.
- Fry the eggs in a sauce pan over medium heat in a little bit of butter until cooked to desired doneness and toast your seedy bread or english muffin until just crisp.
- To serve, place the toast on a plate (butter if desired) and top with two eggs and a bundle of prosciutto wrapped asparagus. Drizzle (or cover) with hollandaise and enjoy!