- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup raisins, I like to use a mix of golden and Thompson
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with a nonstick baking mat or parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and pumpkin spice in a medium bowl.
- Using a stand mixer, beat the butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, mix until combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix until just combined. Stir in the oats and raisins.
- Drop cookies by heaping tablespoon on lined baking baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes or until cookies are light brown around the edges. Be sure not to over cook! Remove cookies from oven and let cool on baking sheet for five minutes until transferring to a cooling rack. Repeat with remaining cookie dough.
These cookies work beautifully in my high altitude kitchen as written. I live just below 7000 feet.