This festive dessert for the 4th of July is simple to make and a fun recipe to have the kids help. It’s the perfect way to highlight the delicious fresh berries in season.
- 1 cup finely diced fresh strawberries
- 1 3oz package red Jell-O (I used strawberry-lemonade)
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 pint blackberries
- 7– 1/2 pint mason jars
- Divide the diced strawberries evenly among the 7 mason jars; set aside while you prepare the Jell-O.
- Prepare the Jell-O according to the manufacturers directions on the back of the box. Pour it evenly among the 7 mason jars. Let the Jell-O set in the fridge for at least 8 hours or over night. (Can be made a day in advance.)
- When ready to serve, remove from fridge and make the whipped cream.
- Using a hand mixer, whip the heavy whipping cream in a medium size bowl until it’s stiff but not over whipped. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Add the whipped cream to the top of the Jell-O in each container using the back of a spoon or your finger to even the whipped cream out and get it all the way to the sides of the jar.
- Garnish the whipped cream with fresh blueberries and blackberries.
- Serve immediately.
You will need 7 1/2 pint mason jars or something similar to make this dessert.