A great, vegetarian meal prep recipe using mostly pantry ingredients!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups long grain white
- 2 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Zest of one lime
- 1/2 cup lightly packed chopped cilantro
For the Bowls:
- 1 recipe 20 Minute Cuban Black Beans
- 1–2 avocados
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 jar your favorite sals- I love corn salsa from Trader Joes
- shredded cheese, optional
- To make the rice, heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan on medium high heat. Add the rice and stir to coat with the olive oil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the rice just starts to smelly toasty.
- Add water, salt, and lime zest to the rice. Bring to a boil, lower the heat to low, cover, and so the rice cooks on a low simmer.
- Cook undisturbed for 15 minutes (check your rice package instructions), then remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes before fluffing with a fork and gently stir in the cilantro; let cool.
- Divide the cooled rice between 6-8 glass containers. Divide the beans evenly between the containers. Add salsa, shredded cheese (if using), salsa, and chopped tomatoes. Add a pinch of cilantro to each dish along with a lime wedge.
- Store rice and beans meal prep bowls in the fridge for up to 1 week.