- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 small celeriac (celery root)
- 2 medium parsnips
- 2 large red potatoes
- 1/3 cup half & half
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Peel and dice the sweet potato, celeriac, parsnips and red potatoes. The celery root and parsnips take longer to cook so place them in the water first and boil for 10 minutes. Then add the sweet potato and potato to the pot and cook until done about 20 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small pot, warm half & half and garlic cloves over medium-low heat. Bring to a bare simmer and then, cover and turn off the heat to infuse while the veggies cook.
- Drain the water from veggies and place cooked vegetables in a food processor fitted with the blade. Add the half & half along with garlic cloves, butter and a pinch of salt and pepper to the processor and pulse until the vegetables are smooth and pureed all the way through. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve warm.