A soft and fluffy peanut butter cookie studded with dark and milk chocolate chips.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt such as Maldon
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- In a small sauce pan over medium-low heat, combine butter and peanut butter. Melt butter and peanut butter completely and then remove from heat and let cool.
- In a medium bowl mix flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Using a stand mixer, combine the cooled butter and peanut butter with both the white and brown sugar in bowl. Beat on low until the sugar and butter are light and fluffy about 2 minutes. Add the egg + egg yolk, and vanilla and beat just until mixed. Gradually add flour mixture and stir just to combine. Fold in the milk chocolate chips and dark chocolate chunks.
- Place dough by heaping tablespoon on baking sheet lined with either a baking mat or parchment paper 2-inches apart. Sprinkle with a pinch of coarse salt.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are slightly brown and the centers are soft and puffy. Take care not to over bake. Remove cookies from oven and transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely.