These salted, caramel filled, mocha cookies are absolutely perfect just the way there are. Don’t mess with the recipe. Make, bake and enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup minus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup minus 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 50 chocolate caramel kiss candies, unwrapped
- Coarse sea salt for garnish
- Heat the oven to 375F degrees.
- Lightly grease two (2)-mini muffin pans; set aside.
- Combine milk and espresso powder in a small bowl; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder and baking soda; set aside.
- Combine butter, sugar, and brown sugar in a large bowl; beat at medium speed until creamy. Add dissolved espresso powder mixture, eggs and vanilla; continue beating until well mixed. Add flour mixture and beat on low just until combined.
- With lightly floured hands, shape dough into 50 1-inch balls. Place dough balls into prepared muffin pan cups. Bake for 7 minutes or until puffed and set, taking care not to over bake.
- Immediately press 1 caramel kiss candy, top side down, into each cookie. Wait about 2 minutes and push candy around just enough so chocolate is melted on top. Immediately sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt.
- Cool on in pan, on rack for 10 minutes. Carefully, run a small sharp knife around the edge of cups to remove cookies. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Sit back, with a cold glass of milk in hand and devour.
This cookie recipe was developed for high altitude baking. If you don’t need to adjust, increase both sugars to 1 cup each and increase baking soda to 1 teaspoon.