A make-ahead breakfast casserole with sausage and swiss cheese.
- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- 1 8-oz package crescent rolls
- 3/4 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook the breakfast sausage in a large sauté pan over medium heat, breaking up with a spoon, until the sausage is browned and crumbly. Remove from heat and drain the fat from the sausage; set aside.
- Unroll the crescent rolls and press them evenly, sealing the seams together, in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish. Sprinkle the cooked sausage over the rolls. Top with the shredded swiss and cheddar cheese.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, whole milk, fresh rosemary, dried mustard powder, salt, and pepper. Whisk together. Pour the egg mixture over the crescent rolls and sausage mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap. Let the casserole sit for at least 6 hours, or overnight. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375F degrees. Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes just until eggs are set and crescent rolls are golden. Serve immediately.