A simple side dish with roasted spaghetti squash, garlic butter, and parmesan cheese!
- 1 medium sized spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup freshly minced parsley
- 1/2–3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Drizzle cut side with a bit of olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper. Place squash, cut side down, on baking sheet. Roast for 30 minutes or so until the squash is tender and the edges are just starting to brown.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter and olive oil in a small pan over LOW heat. Add the garlic and cook about 10 minutes. You don’t want the garlic to burn so watch closely. Remove from heat and stir in minced parsley.
- When the squash is done, remove from oven and scrape the squash into a large bowl. Add the garlic-butter mixture, the toasted pine nuts and parmesan cheese. Season generously with salt and pepper. Stir to mix well. Serve warm.