- 1.5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into slices
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut into slices
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- Lemon wedge for serving, optional
- 2–3 tablespoons grated Parmesan Cheese, optional
- In a medium bowl, add diced chicken, lemon pepper, onion powder, turmeric and 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt; toss to combine.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/2 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and toss with and cook, trying not to stir for 2-3 minutes. Using tongs, flip the chicken and cook the other side for another 2-3 minutes just until the chicken has cooked through all the sides are browned. Transfer to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- To the same pan, add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and 1/2 tablespoon butter. Turn heat down to medium. Add the sliced zucchini and squash plus a pinch of kosher salt. Cook, tossing occasionally until just tender, about 5-6 minutes. Add minced garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the cooked chicken, along with any accumulated juices to the pan with the squash and the lemon zest. Cook for 1-2 minutes just to heat through the chicken. Add chopped parsley and serve immediately with a lemon wedge for serving and Parmesan Cheese if desired.