A slow cooker chicken soup that is naturally gluten free and light and healthful!
- 1 small yukon gold potato, diced (about 1 cup)
- 4 oz coarsely chopped mushrooms
- 1 small bunch asparagus, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 small onion, minced (about 1 cup)
- 3 carrots, diced (about 1 cup)
- 3 ribs celery, diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast (1 large or 2 small chicken breasts)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon season salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 32 oz chicken stock
- 4 oz creme fraiche
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add all cut up vegetables and dried spices to the base of a slow cooker. Place chicken breasts on top- sprinkle with additional salt and pepper- if desired. Add chicken stock. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken, shred it with two forks and then add back to the slow cooker. In addition add to the chicken, stir in 4 oz creme fraiche, zest and juice of 1 lemon and about 1/4 cup of chopped parsley.
- Season again with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve as is!