An easy vegetarian tortilla soup recipe made in the slow cooker.
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 3/4 cup dried red lentils
- 3 cups vegetarian broth
- 15– oz can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup your favorite salsa
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Add everything to the slow cooker.
Cook on low for 4-6 hours or until dried lentils are cooked through and veggies are tender.
Top with your favorite toppings: sour cream, shredded cheese, sliced jalapeño, diced red onion, fresh cilantro, and/or a wedge of lime!
All slow cookers cook differently. I recommend cooking on low and checking at the 4-5 hour mark. The soup freezes beautifully if you have leftovers.