- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 (heaping) tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/8 cup honey
- pinch kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup toasted unsweetened shaved coconut
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- In a small bowl combine oats and cashews; set aside.
- In a small saucepan combine brown sugar, oil, peanut butter, honey, and pinch of salt. Warm over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until well combined and pourable. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over oats and stir to evenly coat oats and cashews.
- Spread oats evenly on a lined (either with parchment or a silicone baking mat) baking sheet. Bake for about 20 minutes total taking care to stir the granola and rotate the pan every 6 minutes or so.
- The granola will start to brown at the edges. Keep a close eye on it so it doesn’t burn. Remove pan from oven and let cool completely on the pan. Add coconut.
- Transfer granola to a storage container and store granola at room temperature for up to two weeks.