A spinach salad with a poppyseed dressing, pomegranate seeds, Parmesan cheese, and toasted almonds.
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 heaping tablespoon minced shallots
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
For the salad:
- 1 lb baby spinach
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- In a mason jar or other jar with tight fitting lid, combine poppy seeds, shallots, sugar, paprika, white vinegar, apple cider vinegar, and oil. Put lid on tightly and shake to combine. Dressing can be made a few days ahead.
- To toast the almonds, melt the butter in a small sauté pan. Add the butter and melt over medium heat. Add sliced almonds and toast, stirring occasionally, until golden brown. Remove from stove top and let cool completely.
- When ready to serve, toss spinach with desired amount of dressing, in a large bowl. You likely won’t need all the dressing. Use your preferred amount. Top the salad with pomegranate arils, toasted almonds, and Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.