This quick and healthier version of freezer jam has only 2 tablespoons of maple syrup and is thickened with heart healthy chia seeds.
- 1 lb strawberries, hulled and washed
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Put the strawberries in the base of a food processor or blender and pulse until desired consistency. (I like mine still a little chunky.)
- Transfer pureed berries to a small sauce pan and combine with maple syrup and chia seeds.
- Cook over medium-high heat just until it comes to a simmer. Turn heat back to low and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Transfer jam to a glass container and cool to room temperature before storing in refrigerator. Jam will thicken as it cools.
- Jam will last up to two weeks in the fridge.